New Features in this version.
- Reorganization of VirtualBox into a base package and Extension Packs.
- Major changes to the GUI.
- VMM: support more than 1.5/2 GB guest RAM on 32-bit hosts
- New virtual hardware.
- Improvements to OVF support.
- Resource control: added support for limiting a VM’s CPU time and IO bandwidth.
- Storage: support asynchronous I/O for iSCSI, VMDK, VHD and Parallels images
- Storage: support for resizing VDI and VHD images; see chapter 8.21, VBoxManage modifyhd.
- Guest Additions: support for multiple virtual screens in Linux and Solaris guests using X.Org server 1.3 and later
- Lot of other improvements.
Seamless View - One of the great features of VirtualBox is the ability to switch to seamless view. Once the virtual machine is running select - "Machine" - "Switch to Seamless mode".
|Virtual Box 4.0 running WindowsXP in seamless mode|
see more screenshots below.
|Virtual Box Manager Screen|
|Settings - General|
Settings - System
|Settings - Display|
|Settings - Storage|
|Settings - Audio|
|Settings - Network|
|Settings - Serial Ports|
Settings - usb
|Settings - Shared Folders|